Salt Lake City has been especially stormy. Personally, I love a good rolling thunderstorm that is so common here in Utah, but it can create issues for our traditional beauty routine. Knowing Utah’s fickle weather, it’s best to be prepared in case the storms are here to stick around for a while.
Here are a few beauty tips to be prepared for Salty City’s Storms.
- Waterproof Everything: Nothing is worse than ruining your makeup the moment you step outside. This is the time to stock up on waterproof everything, especially mascara. Mascara is the most noticeable thing to come undone first.
- Set Your Makeup: If you don’t use a setting spray, now would be a good time to start. This will help ensure your makeup will last as long as possible. Check out Urban Decay or Makeup Forever’s setting spray from Sephora at City Creek.
- Prepare for Touch Ups: Invest in a cute waterproof case that is small enough to tote around with you. This will make sure that you have what you need in case you get caught in a downpour.
- Accessorize Properly: Rainy day accessories are a way to freshen up your wardrobe while still being functional. This season aim for neutral and dark colors like dark blue and tan for your rain boots and coats.
- Stop by the Spa: Drastic weather changes can make our skin react aggressively. Stopping in for a facial can help mitigate the symptoms and help your skin to glow.
At Unity Salon we are dedicated to helping the people of Salt Lake feel beautiful regardless of the season. Come by any time to ask us for more tips and to book your next appointment!